A Mankato General Practice Law Firm
Attorney Michael Kennedy has been meeting the legal needs of individuals, families, and businesses in south-central Minnesota since beginning his legal practice with the law firm of Adamson & Kennedy in 1973. His focus on family law and municipal law helped the firm build a substantial client base across the area-and across generations.
In 1995, he was joined in the firm by son and fellow attorney Christopher Kennedy, a general practice lawyer focusing on criminal defense and bankruptcy. In addition to his work at Kennedy & Kennedy, Christopher serves as Assistant City Attorney for North Mankato, Lake Crystal, and Eagle Lake.
You can count on Kennedy & Kennedy to provide sound guidance in your legal matters and to diligently protect your rights in court. Contact our Mankato law office to schedule a free initial consultation to learn more about how we can help you.
We provide legal services in the following areas:
- Family Law and Divorce: For more than 30 years, Mankato family lawyer Mike Kennedy has been providing a full range of family law services, from adoption to divorce to modification of court orders for support and custody. We also assist clients in obtaining protective orders in cases of domestic violence.
- Criminal Defense: We defend people facing felony or misdemeanor criminal charges and drunk driving charges in state criminal courts in Blue Earth County, Nicollet County, Brown County, Le Sueur County, Cottonwood County, Watonwan County, Redwood County, and Murray County.
- Personal and Farm Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy attorney Christopher Kennedy helps people get back on the road to financial stability with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 personal bankruptcy and Chapter 12 family farm bankruptcy.
- Personal Injury Claims: If you've been seriously injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, or trucking accident along Highway 169, 60, or 14 because of the negligence of another driver, you may have a personal injury claim. If your motor vehicle accident was caused by an animal getting lose and wandering onto a roadway, you may also have a case. At Kennedy & Kennedy we handle motor vehicle accidents, dog bite cases, and premises liability claims.
- Civil Litigation: We are dedicated advocates in court for clients with personal and business litigation relating to violations of fair debt collection practices, fair credit reporting practices, in collection matters, and in contract disputes.
- Business Formation and Business Law: With proper legal structures and contracts in place from the beginning, your new business is much more likely to thrive and you will be protected from unnecessary risk. Ask our business lawyers about the proper business entity for your new business: partnership or limited liability partnership (LLP), incorporation or limited liability company (LLC), S-corporation or C-corporation. We also draft and review contracts, advise on acquisitions and employment matters, and handle business litigation.
- Banking Law: We represent banks in collections, foreclosures and litigation matters.
- Municipal Law: Kennedy & Kennedy represents five local municipal corporations.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with evening and weekend hours available by appointment. We take pride in providing our clients with prompt and personal service. We return all calls within 24 hours, often by the end of the same business day. Contact our Mankato law office to schedule an appointment.
Kennedy & Kennedy is a debt relief agency as defined under the bankruptcy code and it assists people in filing bankruptcy petitions and seeking relief under the code.